Why a Beautiful Smile Matters
Sometimes people feel reluctant about getting cosmetic dentistry because they have been told it’s vain. However, there’s nothing more important than your relationship with yourself. If you don’t feel comfortable looking at your smile in the mirror, improving your smile can dramatically improve your quality of life and make a difference in your relationships with others as well.
What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Do for You
With the help of Dr. Skowronski can dramatically transform your smile, correcting most concerns you might have about its appearance. It can improve the appearance of:
- Discolored teeth
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Small or poorly shaped teethCrooked, crowded, or gapped teeth
- Missing teeth
In fact, with cosmetic dentistry, we usually have multiple options for addressing each of these problems. For patients looking to whiten the appearance of their teeth, Zoom II teeth whitening is an excellent option. The procedure is done in office and takes about 2 hours. Studies have shown, most patients are able to whiten their teeth by up to 5 shades.
For patients who have teeth that appear to be chipped, worn, genetically small or even poorly shaped, porcelain veneers are an effective and esthetically pleasing option to enhance a patient’s smile. Porcelain veneers give the most attractive, longest-lasting results. Our dentist is skilled in the field of cosmetic dentistry and has trained under some of the best esthetic dentists in the country. He is proficient at a minimal prep technique, which allows patients to be able to preserve their natural tooth structure.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment Overview
At Skowronski Family Dentistry, we work hard to make it easy for our patients in Sterling Heights, MI, to get beautiful smiles. We also make sure every patient has the aftercare they need for their results to last for years to come.
- First, we will have a conversation with the patient asking them questions regarding smile goals and budget.
- If the patient is in hygiene, the hygienist will do a full mouth scan. If the patient is coming in for a consult appointment, the assistant will do the scan. The scan will then be used to demonstrate what can be achieved along with being sent to the lab to fabricate a trial smile
- During the second appointment, we will take photos, x-rays, and any other needed images.
- We will ask patients to sign a photo release so we can show off their beautiful results when we’re finished.
- Next, we’ll create a trial smile to show the patient what their new smile will look like. We will take more photos of the trial smile.
- Next, we will conduct a financial consultation to go over costs and payment options.
- Lastly, we will schedule the prep and insert appointments.
- We will call you before your prep appointment to confirm the time and to answer any final questions you might have.
- During your prep appointment, we will prepare your teeth for your cosmetic treatment. Then we will take impressions and place temporary treatments in place.
- We will also take impressions to fabricate an Essix retainer if needed. We will insert the retainer 2 to 3 days later.
- During your fourth appointment, we will install your permanent treatments.
- Then, we will take impressions for your nighttime bruxism appliance so that you can’t damage your beautiful new smile.
- Lastly, we will take post treatment photos.
Fifth Appointment (2 Weeks Later)
- Two weeks after placing your permanent treatment, we will make any final bite adjustments to ensure your treatment fits correctly. Then, we will test the fit of your nighttime bruxism appliance.
In just five appointments, you will have a beautiful, functional smile. We will answer your questions along the way so there is no confusion.
Are You Ready to Love Your Smile?
If you are unhappy with your smile, our team would be happy to help you achieve your smile goals. Our extensively trained doctors will work diligently to deliver you a smile that you will love. Please call (586) 977-8413 today to schedule an appointment at Skowronski Family Dentistry in Sterling Heights, MI.